We hope you noticed that the Wonder Lake Chamber of Commerce “feels” different this year as it did in fact undergo a significant restructure!
• Celeste Fuentes joined the Chamber as the Executive Director in April.
• The Board was reshuffled in late summer: Thomas Cooper, Pres; Rick Miller and Garrett Basista, 1st & 2nd VPs; Susan Draffkorn, Sec.; and Krista Piwonka, CPA, Treas.
• The Bylaws were revamped & updated in September
Mark your 2018 calendars:
• Annual Dinner: Need a night out with friends, co-workers, or a night away from the kids? Seriously, who doesn’t? The real question is: will you make time the night of April 7, 2018? It is an evening of food, drinks, and celebration of all things Wonder Lake!
• Patriotic Celebration: Who doesn’t love a parade, festival events, and fireworks on the Lake? Jot down June 30, 2018 on the calendar! (Note: The Patriotic Committee is ALWAYS looking for assistance, even if you only have 1 hour. Also, think “community service hours” for your responsible summer pre-teen & teen with those looming college applications ☺)
• Golf Outing: Need an excuse to get out of the office and still have it count as work? Grab your clubs and join other “working people” on August 10, 2018. Wait, you say you don’t golf? There is a luncheon that follows allowing you an “out of the office” excuse, too!
• Board & Member Meeting: 2nd Tuesday of every month at 5:00pm in the Chamber Office is the monthly business meeting. Stop in to share news about your business = shared in the minutes, on the website, Facebook post, and possibly the outside signs!
• Coffee Break: 2nd Wednesday of every month at 10:30am step away from the desk to socialize and mingle with your fellow Chamber members. “You can make more friends in two months by becoming interested in other people than you can in two years by trying to get other people interested in you.” - Dale Carnegie
• Lunch & Learn: Who would pass up learning new business skills and grow their business through networking? 1/25, 4/26, 7/26, & 10/25 at 12:30pm grab your lunch and head over to the Chamber.
Finally, we need YOU! The Chamber is only as effective and successful as the people who participate. What would the Patriotic Celebration be without the organizers? What is a networking event with only two people? How does your business survive and grow if no one knows who or what you do? We hope that you make the Chamber part of your marketing strategy. Our Mission Statement reads: “…to create value and opportunity for its members with the belief that a positive business climate is an integral part of a healthy community.” How will your business grow in 2018 without a marketing strategy? Membership begins on 1/1/2018. Download membership PDF